Welcome To The Rotary Club of Homantin Hill !
Clubs are divided by geographical districts. Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia and Guangdong Province belong to District 3450, together we have 90 clubs, 2,500 members in total.
The Rotary Club of Homantin Hill is a new club, chartered on 20/3/2017, which, per UN Resolution 66/281, also happens to be the International Day of Happiness. As such, the mission of our Club lies in bringing a little happiness to the wretched, i.e. the sick, the poor & the needy. Rendering meaningful services which can benefit many is the ultimate raison d'être of our club.
While we shall always celebrate 20th March as our Charter Day, we are stronger for embracing diversity and inclusion, and in tandem with Rotary directions, may everyday be Happiness Day for all of us.
The Four Way Test
Developed by Herbert Taylor during the Great depression in 1932, the Four Way Test was adopted as the Business Ethics and Rotary Spirit in 1942.
- Is it the TRUTH ?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned ?
- Will it build GOODWILL & BETTER FRIENDSHIP?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Traditionally, all Rotary clubs meet weekly, either over lunch or dinner. As of 2017, new rules and regulations have been implemented to allow clubs more flexibility. As a new club, we have taken full advantage of this new privilege and have formulated our own set of schedules as follows:
- Once a month - one club meeting, usually first Thursday of the month. 6:30-7:00 pm fellowship, 7:00-8:30pm meeting and dinner. A Speaker is usually invited for each meeting.
- Once a month – either one joint meeting with another club, a fellowship event, a service project, or participation in a district event.
- Once a year – we organize a major fund raising event where all members participate & contribute. The funds raised will be used for service projects for the following year.